Color Usage for web applications:
A brief overview of how your choice of colors can increase user productivity
Summary: Color Usage for web applications focuses
on the objective qualities of color and how color choice can
increase productivity and decrease stress and fatigue for users
that spend hours a day in front of a monitor. It also has tips on
how to apply color to your web application project. This
document is useful for visual designers, IT personnel, and
marketing managers in understanding the fundamentals of color
and why color should not be underestimated or neglected.
This white-paper contains:
- Color 101 - Learn the basic terms and concepts of color theory that apply to visual design and as applied to a typical user interface.
- Branding - Corporate identification guidelines will be a major influence on your color pallet. Learn how to and how not to use them.
- Usability - Learnability, efficiency, memorability, errors, and satisfaction can all be improved by correct color usage.
- Ergonomics - Learn how color physically affects users and how to take advantage of color to enhance productivity.
- Globalization - Colors have different meanings in various cultures. This chapter will make you aware of these differences need to be taken into consideration.
- Style Guide - This outlines the importance of creating a document that outlines color use when the project is off your desk.
- Summary - This includes recommended reading and resources on color.